Magill Little Athletics Centre Awards
The clubs awards are an important way of tracking and rewarding development through out the season.
To be eligible for any club award athletes must:
- Be fully registered and financial
- Wear the Club uniform (including the Club’s hat);
- Participate in at least 50% of the weekly meetings since registration and at least 50% of events offered each week; and attend at least one ‘away’ meet.
At the end of the summer season, the following awards will be presented at our Presentation Afternoon.
Most Improved Boy & Girl in Each Age Group
Presented to the highest point scorers in each age group. Points will be allocated throughout the year on the basis of:
- 1 point for attendance;
- 1 point for an equal personal best performance;
- 2 points for breaking a personal best performance.
- 2 points will be awarded for each ‘away’ meeting an athlete attends.
A combined most improved trophy for U/13 to U/17 may be awarded if numbers in those age groups are low.
Senior Club Champion – Boy & Girl (U/9-17)
This award is based on the total points an athlete achieves during the season. Points are awarded on the following basis:
- Total of ‘most improved’ points;
- Club records – 10 points per record;
- State ‘A’ qualifying performances – 5 points per eligible event to a maximum of 5 events.
- Medals at State Individual Championships, Multi Event Championships and State Relay Championships
*Club Record points will be awarded where an athlete achieves a Club Record they do not currently hold. Athletes who better a Club Record they currently hold will receive Personal Best points only.
Junior Achievement Award – Boy & Girl (U/6-8)
This award is based on the total points an athlete achieves during the season. It is the total of attendance, both home and away, personal bests and club records.
Athlete Life Membership
Any athlete that has completed 10 seasons as a registered athlete will be considered for Athlete Life Membership of the Magill Little Athletics Centre.
This will be awarded at the discretion of the coaches, based on athlete’s attendance at training sessions, positive attitude, willingness to learn and consistent positive behavior.